This Agreement documents the legally binding terms and conditions attached to the use of the Architecture Player website at www.architectureplayer.com
www.architectureplayer.com is referred to hereunder as “the Architecture Player” or “Site”. By using or accessing the Site in any way, viewing or browsing the Site, or adding your own content to the Site, you (referred to hereunder as “you” or “User”) are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of service.
What is the Architecture Player
The Architecture Player is a web platform, specialized in architecture videos. Its contents are curated by Image (via Venti Settembre 84, 50129 Firenze, Italy). Image offers to all authors of architecture videos the possibility of submitting their videos for possible publication on the Architecture Player. The Architecture Player collects information provided by the video authors interested in publishing their work on the Site. The editorial staff at the Architecture Player elaborates additional original editorial contents what will be associated to the videos selected for publication, in order to comment them and introduce them to its audience, in accordance with the criteria that inspire the editorial philosophy of the Site.
- what information we may collect about you;
- what we use that information for;
- with whom we share that information.
Access to the Site
Access to the Architecture Player website is free and open to the public.
Registration. To submit videos to the Architecture Player, you must register either via Facebook or Google+ or by providing a valid email address and a password. By registering on the Site and completing the sign up form, you agree to provide correct, precise and complete personal information to the Architecture Player. If there are any changes to this personal information you will update the details held by the Architecture Player to ensure that they remain correct, complete and up-to-date. You agree not to use another person’s identity or to use a false name. If some of the information you provide is false or imprecise, the Architecture Player reserves the right to suspend or cancel your access to restricted areas of the Site.
Newsletter. The newsletter published by the Architecture Player is sent on a regular basis to all who register on the Site. Users may opt out of subscription to the newsletter by ticking the opt-out box on their Profile page or by following instructions provided in the newsletter.
Account security. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including any activity by unauthorized users. You must not allow others to use your account. You must safeguard the confidentiality of your password. If you are using a computer that others have access to, you must log out of your account after using the Architecture Player. If you become aware of an unauthorized access to your account, you must change your password and notify us immediately.
Video submission guidelines
- You can upload videos that you helped create (as director, editor, musician, motion graphics artist, actor, etc.) as long as you have the necessary permissions from the copyright holders.
- You agree that Content you submit to the Architecture Player will not contain any third party copyright material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights (including rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal licence or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled to submit the material in question.
- The Architecture Player reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to decide whether the Content you submit complies with the content requirements set out in these Terms and may remove such Content and/or terminate your access for uploading Content which is in violation of these Terms at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
- It is a condition of your use of the Site that all the information you provide to the Architecture Player is correct, current and complete.
- After signing up, you may access your Profile page and upload videos to be submitted to the Architecture Player. For each video, you must provide some information which is required for registration (title, country, year of production, description, thumbnail) and some information which is optional (additional credits). All optional information will be useful for the editorial staff at the Architecture Player to be fully acquainted with the submitted video; we strongly encourage you to provide as much information on the videos you submit as possible.
- Our editorial staff reviews all videos submitted to the Architecture Player and, based on its editorial philosophy, will publish the ones it deems most commendable, in terms of their contents and artistic research. Each published video will be introduced by an original editorial commentary and associated to the author’s (authors’) biographical note. You will be informed if a video you submitted was selected and published by the Architecture Player.
- After submitting Content to the Architecture Player, you will always remain responsible for your Content, also after termination of your personal account. It is the Architecture Player’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of any User who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other (intellectual property) rights of the Architecture Player and/or others.
The Architecture Player will only refer to the User who submitted the video to the Site. The User won't be able to modify or update any data relating to a video he/she submits to the Architecture Player. It will not be possible to modify or update data relating to a video once it is published on the Architecture Player. However, the Architecture Player editorial staff is available to complete information regarding credits for a video in case a third party, involved in the making of such video, requests it. All such requests will be evaluated by the Architecture Player editorial staff, on an individual basis.
You may not submit any video, image, text, audio recording, or other work (collectively, "Content") that:
- Infringes any third party's copyrights or other rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.);
- Contains sexually explicit content or pornography (provided, however, that non-sexual nudity is permitted);
- Contains hateful, defamatory, or discriminatory content or incites hatred against any individual or group;
- Exploits minors;
- Depicts unlawful acts or extreme violence;
- Depicts animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- Promotes fraudulent schemes, multi level marketing (MLM) schemes, get rich quick schemes, online gaming and gambling, cash gifting, work from home businesses, or any other dubious money-making ventures; or
- Violates any law.
The Site and all of its original editorial contents (commentaries, etc.) are the sole property of the Architecture Player and are, as such, fully protected by the appropriate international copyright and other intellectual property rights laws. You may not use the Architecture Player webite, or content created thereon, for commercial purposes.
You may share or embed the Architecture Player content on a website, blog or social media platform for editorial purposes only (meaning relating to events that are newsworthy or of public interest) and provided you mention the source for such content, i.e. the Architecture Player website. Content that you share or embed from the Architecture Player may not be used: (i) for any commercial purpose (for example, in advertising, promotions or merchandising) or to suggest endorsement or sponsorship; (ii) in violation of any stated restriction; (iii) in a defamatory, pornographic or otherwise unlawful manner.
Licenses granted by you
Videos. License to the Architecture Player. As between you and the Architecture Player, you own the video content ("videos") that you submit to the Architecture Player. By submitting a video, you grant the Architecture Player and its affiliates a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license and right to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (through all media now known or hereafter created) your video (or its excerpts) for the purpose of (i) displaying the video within the Architecture Player; (ii) displaying the video on third party websites and applications through a video embed; (iii) allowing other users to play, download, and embed on third party websites the video, subject to your video privacy choices; (iii) promoting the Architecture Player; and (iv) archiving or preserving the video for disputes, legal proceedings, or investigations.
Videos. License to other users. You further grant all users of the Architecture Player permission to view your videos for their personal, non-commercial purposes.
Non-video content. As between you and the Architecture Player, you own all non-video content that you submit to the Architecture Player. You grant Architecture Player and its affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license and right to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (through all media now known or hereafter created), and make derivative works from your non-video content. In addition, you waive any so-called "moral rights" in your non-video content. You further grant all users of the Architecture Player permission to view your non-video content for their personal, non-commercial purposes. If you make suggestions to the Architecture Player on improving or adding new features to the Architecture Player, Architecture Player shall have the right to use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
Your representations and warranties
For each piece of content that you submit, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have the right to submit the content to the Architecture Player and grant the licenses set forth above; (ii) Architecture Player will not need to obtain licenses from any third party or pay royalties to any third party; (iii) the content does not infringe any third party's rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights; and (iv) the content complies with this Agreement and all applicable laws.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Architecture Player and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third party actions that: (i) arise from your activities on the Architecture Player; (ii) assert a violation by you of any term of this Agreement; or (iii) assert that any content you submitted to the Architecture Player violates any law or infringes any third party right, including any intellectual property or privacy right.
Third party copyrights and other rights
The Architecture Player respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed, please send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Architecture Player reserves the right to modify the Site. You are responsible for providing your own access (e.g., computer, mobile device, Internet connection, etc.) to the Architecture Player. The Architecture Player has no obligation to screen or monitor any content and does not guarantee that any content available on the Architecture Player complies with this Agreement or is suitable for all users.
The Architecture Player provides its contents on an "as is" and "as available" basis. You therefore use the Architecture Player at your own risk. The Architecture Player expressly disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, and any other warranty that might arise under any law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Architecture Player makes no representations or warranties:
- That the Architecture Player will be permitted in your jurisdiction;
- That the Architecture Player will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- Concerning any content submitted by any member;
- Concerning any third party's use of content that you submit;
- That any content you submit will be made available on the Architecture Player or will be stored by the Architecture Player;
- That the Architecture Player will meet your business or professional needs;
- That Architecture Player will continue to support any particular feature of the Site; or
- Concerning sites and resources outside of the Architecture Player, even if linked to from the Architecture Player.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Architecture Player shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses.
Links to other websites
Links from third party sites
The Architecture Player may be linked from other websites that are not maintained by the Architecture Player or by Image. The Architecture Player and Image do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of any such other websites, including, without limitation, any references to the Architecture Player or links to the Site.
Accuracy of information
This site and its components are offered for informational purposes only. Our editorial staff makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided through this Site is accurate and current. The Architecture Player shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the Site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
The Architecture Player website includes banner advertisements provided by Google AdSense. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google.
These Terms of Service are governed in accordance with the laws of Italy. The district court of Firenze has the exclusive jurisdiction regarding any and all disputes arising from and/or relating to these Terms of Service. You irrevocably consent to bring any action to enforce these Terms of Service in the district court located in Firenze, Italy.
Changes to this agreement
The Architecture Player reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time. Your decision to continue to visit and make use of the Site after such changes have been made constitutes your formal acceptance of the new Terms of Service. Therefore, we ask that you check and review this Agreement for such changes on an occasional basis. Should you not agree to any provision of this Agreement or any changes we make to this Agreement, we ask and advise that you do not use or continue to access the Architecture Player site immediately.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
This Agreement was last modified on October 20, 2014.
Alberto Iacovoni (Roma 1966), is an architect and educator. He is a founding member of the architecture firm ma0 (www.ma0.it), established in 1996, and from 1999 until 2004 was member of Stalker / Osservatorio Nomade (www.osservatorionomade.net). Since 2014, he has been Advisor to the American Academy in Rome.
Through teaching and writing, and through the professional practice with Stalker and ma0, Iacovoni has developed a research path focused on the relation between architecture and social interactions. Issues such as play, interaction supported by new digital technologies, public space, informal and spontaneous architecture in developing countries, are complementary aspects of a theoretical and practical exploration of the relation between form and performance in architecture, covering a span between urban to interior design. In between 2000 and 2004 he is in charge of the design for the installations and events of Stalker Urban Art Laboratory, exhibiting in many important international venues.
Visiting professor at various universities and institutes, has taught at in/arch (Istituto Nazionale di Architettura founded by Bruno Zevi), the Interaction Design Institute Ivrea in Ivrea, NABA in Milan, as well as at number of American architecture programs in Italy, including Cornell's AAP in Rome, Syracuse University in Florence, Kent State in Florence and Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar in 2015-16. Iacovoni was Dean of the Rome seat of the Istituto Europeo di Design – an international network of design schools – from 2009-12, and was the IED's Cultural Coordinator until 2014. He has been qualified for the position of Associate Professor in the 2015 National Scientific Qualification.
The relational aspects of architecture that have been the focus of Iacovoni's work through these diverse experiences have been deepened in texts such as Game Zone, Playgrounds Between Virtual Scenarios and Reality (Birkhauser 2003; Edilstampa 2005), Playscape (Libria 2010), and in Borderlines (Damdi 2008) a monograph of the work of his firm ma0 that he co-wrote with his partners. In spring 2016 he published with Libria ma0's Little Pink Book, a manual on the process of architectonic design.